S T A T U S
N O T E
If this is your first time on my blog, welcome! I am so glad you could join us here. After you read through this post, feel free to explore around. I have a lot of helpful writing guides posted, and I’m sure you’ll be able to learn at least one new thing from me.
And even if this isn’t your first visit here, I welcome you anyway. It’s always nice to see a return visitor, even if I don’t know who any of you are. It just makes me glad that someone could find my blog useful enough to revisit time and time again.
So, now, let’s get straight to the point, shall we?
Writing guides are great and all, but they’re not perfect. Nothing beats having a second pair of eyes to skim over your work and let you know what looks off. This post is me offering to be your second (and third pair) of eyes. (Yes, I wear glasses.)
As you can tell by the title of this post, I will be doing this service for free. However, if you find my feedback useful or you simply want to thank me for my time, I encourage you all to look at some of my works displayed on the home page of this blog.
Again, this is not mandatory, because I will be offering reviews for free.
Now without further ado, let’s lay down some ground rules.
R U L E S
- Only chapters under 3k words will be critiqued. If your chapter is longer than that, you will lose my (and the reader’s) attention. I mean, sometimes, people can write chapters longer than 3k and keep readers hooked, but I’d rather not read excessively long chapters.
- If you have a prologue in your book, I will count that as the first chapter. No exceptions to this. Sorry, but most of the time, it’s discovered that the prologue isn’t even necessary. Plus, I want to make this efficient so I can help as many people as possible.
- Because I’m doing these for free, I reserve the right to be as critical as I want. Look, I won’t bash your work; I have respect for my fellow writers. But, on the other hand, I won’t shower you with compliments either. I will be fair and I will be constructive.
- Please fill out the form in its entirety and send it to me via the “contact” tab at the top. If you fill out the form and post it in the comments, consider it an immediate rejection. Don’t PM it to me on Wattpad either. That’s just rude, and I will ignore it.
- When you fill out the form, please specify how you’d like to receive the review.
F O R M
Genre: (Sorry, but no fan-fiction.)
Word Count: (for chapter one)
Link: (this can be on Wattpad or via Google Docs)
Are there any areas you’d like me to focus on? (ie. characterization, plot, description, etc. etc.)
Would you like me to email you the review or would you like to receive it via Wattpad private messages? If email, please provide your real email.
That’s all from me this time. Hope you all have a lovely day/night. 🙂